Sunday, February 7, 2010

NBA: Rumors, Trades, and the Upcoming All-Star Game

What's going on in the NBA? Will there really be a lockdown next season? Will the All-Star Game be a total failure because of Iverson and Garnett? Let's take a look at the main news stories currently in the NBA:

1. The McGrady Trade

This guy has no potential. With full due respect, T-Mac is not the 2003-4 T-mac anymore. He's 30+ years old, and his statistics this year are terrible (4.2 ppg?) Iin addition, he has a $22 MILLION contract, something unheard of even in the NBA. I mean, either he should retire, or demand half as much money - then, maybe some teams would like him.

2. Gilbert Arenas Gun Case

A disgrace to the NBA. Arenas should be banned from the NBA forever. There really isn't much to say - NBA players get millions of dollars, and they spend it on guns?

3. Iverson in the All-Star Starters

Many people think that the All-Star game will be terrible this year. Oh yeah? How about Kobe and Melo? Or Lebron and Howard? I really think that Iverson is underrated. He's old, yes, but not nearly as bad as T-Mac. He doesn't get enough time, and the 76ers are a really bad team. On Denver or Detroit, Iverson actually got a chance to play well. Here, he doesn't.

4. The NBA: Where Lockdowns Happen

Will a lockdown really take place in the next NBA season? Who knows. I sure hope not. I think that players who are overpaid and know it should say, "you know, for the love of the game, I'm going to cut my $20 million contract to a $15 million contract." I mean, take someone like DJ Mbenga. I really enjoy seeing him play, but this guy places 1 minute every 5 games. I'm sorry, but he doesn't deserve $1 million dollars. NBA Commissioner David Stern should really try to cut the salaries of overpaid NBA players like T-Mac.

5. Should Teams like Memphis Exist?

As an NBA fan, I lean for yes. But with the huge deficit the NBA is facing, OJ Mayo might have to switch to another team - it's just too much. The NBA has to survive, and in the failing economy, cutting some expansion teams might provide that kind of money.


No comments:

Post a Comment